It can be easy to snack on treats that are high in sugar. Here's an easy to bake banana bread that will fill you up, without leaving you feeling guilty.
Serves: 12 (freeze any leftovers that are not eaten within a week)
5 over ripe bananas
3 large eggs
1 and ¾ cups wholemeal self-raising flour
60g Chia seeds
½ cup linseed meal
1. Heat oven to 180°C.
2. Beat the eggs and add to the mashed bananas, mix well.
3. Sift the flour, salt and cinnamon together into a large mixing bowl, add the bran left in the sieve, chia seeds, linseeds and mix together.
4. Now pour the banana mixture into the flour mixture and mix well.
5. You may need to add a splash of milk for more moisture.
6. Pour mixture into a well-greased (or line with baking paper) loaf tin and bake in the oven for 45 to 55 minutes or until done (test with a metal skewer, should come out clean).
7. Serve cold on its own or toasted with a little margarine and enjoy.
Nutritional Information (per slice)
To learn more about the author of this article, Zoe Nicholson, click here
Disclaimer: This article provides general advice only. Readers should seek independent professional advice from their general practitioner or dietitian in relation to their own individual circumstances or condition before making any decisions based on the information in this article.